Live-in Caregivers

Live-in Caregivers

Live-in caregivers are those who care for children, elderly persons or those with disabilities in private homes without supervision.

To qualify you must:

  • have a job confirmation letter from a Canadian employer

  • have a written contract with your future employer explaining clearly your responsibilities, hours of work, salary and benefits

  • live in Canada in the home of the person you’ll be providing care for

  • have completed a high school education equivalent to grade 12 in Canada

  • have, within the last three (3) years, completed six (6) months of full-time training in a field related to the job you want in Canada; or, you must have completed 12 months of full-time paid employment in a field related to the work you want to do in Canada, such as childcare, early childhood education, special education, or first aid

  • the type of care giving work you want to do in Canada must be in the same field in which you have completed the above training or work experience

  • be able to speak, read and understand English (or French)